Hunt’s Photo & Video is searching for a self-driven, hands-on Accounting Manager who is looking to establish herself/himself with a company that can offer a potential opportunity for career growth. The position is full-time, Monday-Friday, at our Corporate Headquarters in Melrose MA. This position would supervise/manage our accounting functions and report directly to the C.F.O.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and reconcile all company bank accounts.
- Manage daily cash flow issues.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Approve, post, and pay all non-inventory invoices from vendors.
- Audit daily store closings and cash/credit receipts.
- Perform due diligence and fraud prevention procedures on new customers.
- Reconcile company credit card purchases.
- Process check requests and weekly check runs.
- Sales tax compliance.
- Review all invoices for proper documentation and/or approval.
- Prepare, audit, and perform month end financial closings.
- Prepare month end journal entries.
- Audit General Ledger and research variances to budgets.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting as well as broad knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, required.
Progressive accounting experience with significant experience in a supervisory role, desired.
The successful candidate must be a team player, have a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude. Must be proactive, responsive, and a timely problem-solver. Attention to detail and accuracy is a must. Ability to direct, motivate and supervise people required.
Strong written and oral communication skills are required as well as the ability to work with people at all levels.
Most importantly, the successful candidate should have a willingness to expand his/her range of responsibilities as needed based on the growth & progression of this role within the Company.
Interested applicants may send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an employment application available on this website.
Covid-19 considerations: To keep our personnel safe during the COVID 19 pandemic we have installed plexi-glass barriers; and provide face masks, gloves, and sanitizer to our employees.
- Compensation: See Description
- Location: Melrose, MA store
- Position Type: Full-Time