Thursday September 1st – Saturday September 10th, 2022
Featuring an opportunity to go off the beaten path and savor the vivid colors
Instructors: Don Toothaker and guest instructor
Price: $5,995 per person, double occupancy (Single Supplement: $800)
A deposit of $1000 is required to secure your spot on this workshop. All payments are due 120 days prior to the workshop.
***Passport is required***
Recommended prerequisite: Basic Knowledge of your Camera
All Skill Levels Welcome
Group Size: Limited to 10 attendees
Spend ten days in Sicily featuring an opportunity to go off the beaten path and savor the vivid colors and intriguing life of Sicily through photography.
Join Hunt's Photo Education's Director of Photo Adventures Don Toothaker and Experience Sicily Owner and Curator, Allison Scola, for an incredible itinerary that features six nights in Sciacca (Province of Agrigento) in Western Sicily, and three nights in Siracusa Province in Eastern Sicily. We'll experience off-the-beaten path seaside villages and mountain towns and have meaningful interaction with locals. We will have local, expert guides at all principal sites, and outstanding traditional cuisine throughout. This trip is not to be missed.
• A tour of our Sciacca, a seaside community known for its fishing industry, ceramic arts, and coral jewelry
• Visit to Valley of the Temples, one of the most impressive UNESCO recognized archaeological sites
• A visit through the streets of Palermo's historic center, where you'll experience the thrilling sights, smells, and sounds of the ancient markets Il Capo and La Vucciria
• Photograph live musicians in Palermo
• Visit to Monreale Cathedral and Its Cloisters
• Spend a day in a Mountain Village and Countryside north of Agrigento
• Food Experience and Cooking with a Local Insider
• Afternoon Visit to Capo Bianco and Heraclea Minoa
• Visit to the Workshop of a Sicilian Cart Woodcarver and Painter
• Tour Siracusa and Neapolis Archeological Park
• 1/2 Day Excursion to Mt Etna
• In-Depth Wine experience
• 4-Star Hotel in Sciacca
* Family-run inn located in the countryside of Catania, in Siracusa
Your Trip Includes:
• Group airport transfers on designated arrival and departure days
• Four-star level accommodations
• All breakfasts, five lunches, and eight dinners (all but four meals)
• All transportation, entrance fees, tickets to entertainment, all excursions, most gratuities
• English-speaking/Italian speaking tour leader, professional drivers, and licensed, local guides
• Professional photographer-guide/teacher (Don Toothaker)
Your Trip Does Not Include:
• Flight to Palermo Airport
• Travel insurance (which is highly recommended for all travelers)
Sciacca (Province of Agrigento), 4-star hotel (6 nights)
Siracusa Province, characteristic family-run inn (3 nights)
Your passport will be required on this workshop.
Skill Sets: All Levels of Photographers are Welcome, but please note: This is a photography workshop.
Physical Activity: Medium. We will be walking and touring historic sites, towns, and villages for a few hours each day. We will have structured days with planned leisure time.