One end of the Plamp clamps to your tripod while the other grasps the object.
Use the Plamp to stabilize windblown subjects, adjust the position or angle of your subject, or move obstructing foliage. You can also use the Plamp to hold reflectors and lens shades. One day in the field with a Plamp and you will begin to realize its full potential. And now, the newly redesigned Plamp II is even better.
- Steady wind-blown plants for ambient light photography.
- To hold reflectors, diffusers or small flashlights.
- Make small adjustments in your subject to align it with the film plane.
- Move your subject into the desired angle for lighting (i.e. back lighting, side lighting, and front lighting)
- Change the orientation of your subject to make an impossible camera angle into an easy one.
- Move your subject so that it is in front of the desired background.
- Move distracting background or foreground elements out of the way.
- Move desirable background or foreground elements into the picture.
- To hold a small shade to block light from hitting your lens and causing flare.
- Great for studio use.
- Thumbscrew activated clip jaws allow for precise opening and closing for delicate work and stronger clamping force when required.
- New foam jaw inserts allow you to grip delicate objects without damage.
- Zytel ST (Super tough) nylon offers nearly unbreakable clip jaws in even the most extreme conditions.
- Holding notch in the clip grabs the steel rim on large and small reflectors providing a secure slip-free attachment (applies to typical cloth reflectors with steel ring hoop).
- The clip's arched recess reliably grips larger cylindrical objects (e.g. small flashlights, branches, etc.)
More Robust Articulating Arm:
- Larger LocLine elements in the articulating arm create a sturdier and more durable product while still retaining flexibility and precise positioning for heavier objects.
- Reinforced, stiffer articulating arm vibrates far less reducing valuable wait time after each movement.
- Larger arm diameter makes it possible to clamp to another Plamp offering versatile positioning and extension.
High Quality Pony Clamp:
- Allows for adjustable clamping tension.
- Custom beveled jaw pads grip cylindrical objects (e.g. tripod legs) without slipping.
The Plamp II will attach to tripod legs whose diameter is between 0.9 and 1.4 inches (23 to 35mm). This includes Gitzo series 1,2,& 3 tripods and nearly all commonly used Bogen (Manfrotto) tripods.
The Plamp II is 23” long, which is perfect for 100mm and smaller macro lenses. If you wish to use longer lenses with the Plamp, you may wish to extend its length with the PP-222 Large Link Plamp Extension.