Important Notice: Due to the complex nature of this product returns will not be permitted.
- 20.1 MP Exmor R™ APS-C (Super 35mm format) image sensor with wide dynamic range
- S-Cinetone for a cinematic look straight out of the camera without grading
- Flexible ISO, Cine EI Quick and Cine EI Log shooting modes for optimized image quality
- User LUTs can be applied to the LCD display and HDMI output and embedded in clips
- Dual Base ISO and a 14+ stop range for wide latitude and low-noise images
- Log recording for smooth cinematic image quality when color grading
- Dependable, accurate autofocus with Real-time Eye and Real-time Tracking AF
- Image stabilization Active Mode supports handheld movie shooting
- Extensive recording formats for high image quality and advanced post-production
- Creative slow-motion options with up to 4K (QFHD) 120p with autofocus
- 4K 16-bit RAW output from HDMI terminal for compatible external recorders
- A selection of Creative Looks to create interesting moods right in the camera
- Sophisticated focus functions to handle any situation
- Uninterrupted 4K 60p recording with cooling fan ventilation
- Metadata to facilitate editing with Catalyst Browse and Prepare software
- Proxy recording for efficient editing workflow
- Time code input synchronization capability
- Still image shooting function
- New list-style main menu for quick access to frequently used items
- Flexible, high-resolution touch-panel LCD monitor
- Broad connectivity for a wide range of shooting needs
- Dual card slots, both compatible with CFexpress Type A and SDXC/SDHC
- Recording (tally) lamps and emphasized record displays
- Comprehensive zoom control
- Uninterrupted power for extended recording by USB PD support
- Multiple ¼”-20 threaded mounting points make a cage unnecessary
- Compact, lightweight body designed for mobility
- Dust and moisture resistant design to handle challenging environments
- Durable magnesium alloy chassis
- One Mount: connect seamlessly with E-mount interchangeable lenses
Leap into the world of filmmaking
Sony's acclaimed Cinema Line cameras sets the standard for filmmaking, with beautiful cinematic imagery, high performance and highly efficient workflow. Enjoy hassle-free shooting with S-Cinetone™ and S-Log3 for high level grading plus numerous other features. The compact FX30 makes filmmaking more accessible than ever for up-and-coming creators.
Support for filmmaking
The FX30 captures stunning images with 6K oversampling and a true cinematic look. Its compact size lets you take it anywhere, and sophisticated AF and stabilization features let you concentrate on composition, not the complexity of crews and rigging.
Designed for visual storytelling
The FX30's S-Cinetone picture profile gives you a beautiful cinematic look straight out of the camera. Features like Dual Base ISO and Cine EI are designed to provide gorgeous images for cinematic shooting and workflow.
Drawing on the Cinema Line heritage
Film industry experience allied with state-of-the-art imaging technology. The outstanding Cinema Line series of cinema cameras is built on decades of experience in the film industry and supported by Sony's sophisticated new technologies on the cutting edge of digital imaging.
Advanced technology for outstanding resolution. The FX30's back-illuminated Exmor™ R APS-C CMOS sensor captures memorable Super 35mm imagery with outstanding resolution and shallow depth of field. 6K oversampling compresses a vast amount of information into 4K recording and output, and the BIONZ XR™ processing engine enables natural gradations, realistic color reproduction, low noise, and other image quality improvements.
S-Cinetone gives you a cinematic look without grading
The S-Cinetone picture profile provides cinematic-looking color, skin tones and other visual aspects straight out of the camera, without the need for any post-production color grading.
Infinite possibilities of expression with S-Log3
For production color matching, and to access the full capabilities of the image sensor, the FX30 can shoot with an S-Log3 gamma curve. This gives you access to the FX30's expansive color gamut and 14+ stops latitude, for true cinematic image quality during post-production color grading.
User LUTs provide an accurate image preview
Customizable LUTs, both preset and user-supplied, can be applied to the FX30's LCD monitor display, recorded footage, and HDMI output to give you a better and more accurate idea of what your final image will look like.
10-bit 4:2:2 recording for greater editing latitude
The FX30 can record 10-bit 4:2:2 video internally when using Long GOP or All-Intra compression, providing more color information so you can produce fuller, more natural gradations in post-production.
Cine EI, Cine EI Quick, and Flexible ISO modes
Flexible exposure mode handling. Cine EI2 offers wide latitude and the highest possible image quality, while Cine EI Quick2 simplifies setup by automatically selecting the camera's base ISO. Flexible ISO provides the greatest flexibility for exposure settings.
Dual Base ISO (800 / 2500)
With this feature you can manually set your base ISO to 2500 instead of 800 in low-light situations. Noise levels at both settings are about the same, so this gives you cleaner footage in low light.
Slow-motion images at up to 120 frames per second
With 4K recording at up to 120 frames per second with autofocus, you can create extraordinarily smooth 5x (max.) slow-motion imagery to expand your storytelling options.
Reliable AF maintains a steady focus
Sophisticated tracking features let you concentrate on your shoot. The FX30 provides stable AF and flexible focusing for a wide range of shooting situations. Wide-area AF provides tenacious subject tracking across almost the entire frame, with Real-time Tracking based on Sony's unique, AI-based subject recognition. Real-time Eye AF ensures precise focus on the face and eyes, tailored to humans, birds and animals.
In-Body Stabilization for Handheld Shooting
Active Mode is a 5-axis image stabilization mode that uses a precision gyroscope sensor and optical compensation, enabling hand-held shooting at 4K resolution without a gimbal.
Focus Breathing Compensation
In-camera Focus Breathing Compensation, when used with compatible lenses, provides more stable imagery by minimizing the field-of-view shift that can occur when racking focus. Additional breathing compensation is also available in post-production software7, supported by camera metadata.
Ready to go wherever you shoot
Compact and light in weight, the FX30 can be operated in combination with gimbals and drones, or with a variety of attached equipment. It's designed to withstand long shoots, with sturdy construction suited to harsh conditions.
Compact, lightweight body
Designed for mobility and comfortable operation. Weighing in at 1 lb 6.8 oz (646 g) with battery and memory card and 2 lb 1.5 oz (951 g) with the XLR handle unit, the FX30 features a distinctive flat-top design that's suitable for either handheld shooting or gimbal mounting. The camera grip has been designed to provide optimum flexibility, stability, and comfort for extended handheld shooting sessions.
Two CFexpress Type A and SD card compatible media slots
CFexpress Type A is the next standard for compact storage, with fast write/read speeds suitable for 4K movie recording at high bit rates. Dual slots enable either relay or simultaneous recording.
Flexible high-resolution touch-panel LCD monitor
A side-opening vari-angle rear monitor allows broad positioning and framing freedom. It's bright enough for easy outdoor daytime viewing, and it incorporates a swipe-to-access function menu.
Broad connectivity in a compact body
An HDMI Type-A connector can be used for external recorders and display devices. Other connectors include USB Type-C®, Multi/Micro-USB, mic, headphone, and a Multi Interface Shoe with built-in digital audio interface.
16-bit RAW output via HDMI
For demanding workflows, 16-bit RAW output is available over HDMI connection to compatible external recorders. RAW video output is 4672 x 2628 [16:9] resolution, exceeding DCI-4K resolution.