Tamron's new high-speed telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, the 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056).
- Compact & Lightweight Zoom Lens
- Size & Weight: 149mm / 5.9 in | 815g / 28.7 oz.
- 67mm filter diameter, same as all other Tamron lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras.
- Superb optical performance and MOD of 0.85m (33.5 in) for a broader range of photographic versatility.
- Extremely quiet and fast newly developed VXD linear motor focus mechanism.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating contribute to a comfortable, user friendly photographic experience.
- Compatible with various camera-specific features including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
* Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.
This new telephoto lens features a compact and lightweight design, an ideal match for full-frame mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras and the 67mm filter diameter is the same as all other Tamron lenses in this series.
The optical design includes several specialized glass elements that contribute to the lens's superb imaging performance. The lens's very short 0.85m (33.5 in) MOD (Minimum Object Distance) expands overall versatility. The lens adopts Tamron's newly developed VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism that produces a quiet, quick autofocus drive.
Other features that support a great shooting experience include a Moisture-Resistant Construction helpful for outdoor shooting and Fluorine Coating for easy maintenance. In addition, the Model A056 is fully compatible with various camera-specific features including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.