- Teleconverters for full-frame mirrorless cameras that make the most of the performance of the main lens and extend its focal length by 1.4x, while further expanding the breadth of telephoto expression.
- Using these teleconverters does not change the minimum focus distance of the main lens. They simply allow users to bring their subjects even closer while shooting.
- Optical designs that minimize the various aberrations that can occur when teleconverters are used, making the most of the superior rendering power of the main lens.
- These teleconverters utilize the superb AF and VR performance of the main lens, enabling reliable capture of decisive moments.
- They are reliably protected from dust and drips with the adoption of effective sealing on various sections as well as rubber lens-mount gaskets on both the lens and camera mounts.
- Adoption of Nikon's original fluorine coat on the extreme front and rear lens elements ensures dust- and drip-resistance, and makes removing dust and water droplets easy if they do adhere to the lens.
Extend your reach and lighten your load with this superb 1.4x teleconverter for the mirrorless Z system. Increases the reach of compatible lenses by 40% while retaining 100% resolution, AF and VR functionality, minimum focusing distances and weather-sealing, all with exceptional rendering performance.
Extend your reach. Lighten your load.
For those who look to the distance—birders, nature and wildlife photographers, aircraft, sports and action photographers—a teleconverter can be the difference between a hit and a miss. And the difference between a long, heavy rig and a shorter, nimble one. Optimized for the compact mirrorless Z system, the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x increases the reach of compatible lenses by 1.4x (40%) while retaining 100% resolution, AF and VR functionality, minimum focusing distances and weather-sealing.
40% more reach. 100% resolution.
The lightweight, compact Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x increases the native reach of compatible lenses by 40%—without any loss of resolution and with outstanding image quality. You might already be approximating this effect with in-camera cropping, but that cuts out over 50% of your image sensor's pixels. With the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x, you can achieve those tight compositions with the full resolution of your sensor by shooting in the native image area of your camera.
Forget it's even there.
On a compatible Z lens like the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S, the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x retains all AF functionality and speed, VR capabilities and minimum focusing distance, with only 1 stop of light loss and very little weight or length gain. The lens' illuminated information panel will even display the correctly converted focal length when using the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x. This is a perfect pairing.
Use every focus point.
Like so many aspects of the Z system, the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x defies traditional limitations. It can use every focus point of your Z series camera's sensor all the way down to f/11, unprecedented for teleconverters. Quickly acquire subjects at the edges of the frame and track them throughout your view.
AF accuracy may decrease and focusing speed may lower according to subjects and shooting situations.
Make a big deal of little things.
The Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x can turn a telephoto lens into a macro-style powerhouse. It maintains the close focusing capability of NIKKOR Z lenses while enlarging the reproduction ratio by 1.4x that of the main lens. When used with NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S, for example, you can zoom in to 280mm from just 3.28 feet away to reveal the tiniest details.
Added depth and impact.
NIKKOR Z lenses create some of the most beautiful bokeh effects imaginable. The Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x enhances these effects by reducing the depth of field by 30%. This separates your subject from those creamy backgrounds even more, so you can draw attention where you want it to be. Ideal for portraits and wildlife.