- Ultra-wide-angle 11mm APS-C prime for stills and movies
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture for deep, naturally rendered bokeh
- High resolution throughout an ultra-wide field of view
- Compact and lightweight for extraordinary shooting freedom
- Advanced autofocus maximizes the camera's speed potential
- A versatile tool for movie shooters
- Advanced design reduces focus breathing angle of view shifts
- Consistent balance and center of gravity for easy handling
- Natural, repeatable linear manual focus response
- Dust and moisture resistant design for robust reliability5
- Aspherical and ED glass elements suppress chromatic aberrations
- Customizable focus hold button
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Compatible with 55 mm threaded filters on an ultra-wide-angle lens
- Petal-shaped, bayonet mount lens hood supplied
11mm F1.8 APS-C prime for stills and movies
With an 11mm (35mm full-frame equivalent: 16.5mm) focal length for dynamic ultra-wide images and a large F1.8 max. aperture for deep bokeh, this lens weighs just 6.4 oz. (181 g). It is a perfect match for compact APS-C cameras, letting you capture stunning stills and movies anywhere. It also features two linear motors for fast, precise AF that supports both stills and movies.
Coupled with α E-mount cameras from Sony, APS-C E-mount lenses deliver big camera performance.
Deep, expressive bokeh
A large F1.8 maximum aperture makes it easy to achieve exquisitely expressive bokeh in deep, impressive images. 0.4 ft (0.12 m) minimum focus and 0.2x maximum magnification1 let you shoot close-ups with wide, smoothly defocused backgrounds. Precisely controlled spherical aberration and a 7-blade circular aperture contribute significantly to the beautiful bokeh this lens can deliver.
High resolution throughout an ultra-wide 11mm field of view
State-of-the-art optics deliver consistently high resolution right out to the image edges. Optimal placement of three aspherical elements ideally corrects field curvature, ensuring that excellent resolution is maintained throughout the image area, even at maximum aperture. Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements effectively suppress chromatic aberration and color fringing for superb image quality.
Compact and lightweight for new shooting freedom
The compact size and low weight of this fine lens make it a perfect match for APS-C cameras. Outstanding mobility and easy handling are great for long handheld or grip-mounted shooting sessions. An innovative combination of spherical and aspherical elements achieves stunning optical performance in a lens that is only 2-5/8 x 2-3/8 in. (66 x 57.5 mm) and weighs only 6.4 oz. (181 g).
Advanced AF maximizes camera speed potential
Two linear motors give this large-aperture lens impressively fast, precise autofocus and tracking performance for both stills and movies. AF and tracking are so responsive that the full speed potential of the camera used can be fully realized so that even fast or erratically moving subjects can be captured quietly and reliably.
A versatile tool for movie shooters
With an 11mm angle of view and large F1.8 aperture, it is easy to capture dynamic subject perspectives against sweeping backgrounds with beautiful bokeh. Advanced optical design minimizes focus breathing and reduces unwanted angle-of-view shifts in movies. This unique ultra-wide lens also allows the use of front mounted filters for extra creative flexibility in a wide range of shooting situations.
Superb operability and reliability
It may be small, but this impressive lens offers outstanding control and reliability. Linear Response MF provides instantaneous manual focusing with a natural feel, while a focus hold button and focus mode switch offer extra focusing control versatility. And to ensure maximum reliability in challenging outdoor conditions it features effective dust and moisture resistance throughout.