- The Polaris smart tripod head can capture incredible motion timelapses, panoramas, focus stacking, exposure stacking, and even long exposures of the night sky.
- All intelligent functions are easily controllable via a companion smart phone App.
- The Benro Polaris Astro Edition is geared towards Astrophotographers, but is great for everyone - including bird watchers to landscape photographers.
- The Benro Polaris Astro Edition feaatures and over 24 hour battery life. It can also be charged during use.
- Featuring Benro's legendary CNC machining for extra strength and rigidity, Polaris supports camera rigs up to 15 lbs.
The Polaris is the world's first electric tripod head with an integrated camera interface controller. Polaris Astro Edition not only allows you to adjust the composition of a photo, but it enables users to program the intelligent head to capture a series of photographs, easily track and take long exposures of stars, or create high-resolution motion timelapses. Polaris also offers a wireless connection so you can do all the above remotely as well as preview, review, and download files via a dedicated app from nearly anywhere.
The Polaris features built in modes such as People Remover, Panorama, Motion Timelapse, Dynamic Exposure Timelapse, Focus Stacking, and Star Tracking. With a battery life of over 24 hours and the ability to charge during use – Polaris can shoot all day and then keep going. These modes work with a wide variety of cameras.
Polaris also has a redundant onboard and swappable microSD card slot that ensures no images are lost from a shoot. It also enables Polaris to do some rapid editing for you while in the field. Polaris can render Pathlapses, Panoramas, etc., and quickly display previously shot image on your phone.
To keep up with demanding use - Polaris is manufactured from aluminum alloy and stainless steel and is designed to work in the harshest of environments. Thanks to the high-quality build Polaris is rated at an IPX6 water-resistant performance, allowing the head to work even in torrential downpours. Despite its high-quality metal build, Polaris weighs only 1.1kg (2.5lbs), and the Astro module only adds .4kg (.8lbs) making this a very capable every day or travel tripod head. Even with its low weight Polaris can support camera rigs up to 7kg (15lbs).