The clip's arched recess reliably grips larger cylindrical objects (e.g. small flashlights, branches, etc.)
More Robust Articulating Arm:
- Larger LocLine elements in the articulating arm create a sturdier and more durable product while still retaining flexibility and precise positioning for heavier objects.
- Reinforced, stiffer articulating arm vibrates far less reducing valuable wait time after each movement.
- Larger arm diameter makes it possible to clamp to another Plamp offering versatile positioning and extension.
High Quality Pony Clamp:
- Allows for adjustable clamping tension.
- Custom beveled jaw pads grip cylindrical objects (e.g. tripod legs) without slipping.
The Plamp II will attach to tripod legs whose diameter is between 0.9 and 1.4 inches (23 to 35mm). This includes Gitzo series 1,2,& 3 tripods and nearly all commonly used Bogen (Manfrotto) tripods.
The Plamp II is 23” long, which is perfect for 100mm and smaller macro lenses. If you wish to use longer lenses with the Plamp, you may wish to extend its length with the PP-222 Large Link Plamp Extension.