Using step-by-step illustration photos, stunning full-color examples, and clear understandable text, Charles shares professional tips and techniques he has developed in his 10+ years of teaching macro photography.
- Chapter 1: Mindful Photography - Learn how to observe and strengthen your visual acuity.
"Making" vs. "taking" a photograph. Shooting from the heart.
- Chapter 2: Equipment - A comprehensive description of available tools and macro accessories, including unusual hard-to-find gadgets.
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Macro Photography - Practicing basic macro concepts, such as: depth-of-field, exposure, focusing techniques, composition, creative lighting and fill-flash.
- Chapter 4: Using Props to Enhance Your Close-up Photography - 20 different creative macro techniques using everyday household objects, illustrated and explained with step-by-step instructions.
- Chapter 5: Selective-Focus Macro - How to direct the viewer's eye to areas within a macro photograph using selective focus. Shooting close-ups with a telephoto lens, extension tubes, wide-angle lens, or Lensbaby.
- Chapter 6: Creative Camera Techniques - How to create Impressionistic, painterly photographs in-camera using multiple-exposures, montages, camera movement, and other techniques. Appendix & Resource Guide - Macro accessories Other Useful Equipment Links, Sources for Macro Props Helpful Books Magazines & Newsletters Photography Organizations Online Macro Resources Inspiring Photographers & Their Websites Public Gardens to Visit & Photograph Mac and PC compatible. This publication is produced in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.