- Groundbreaking full frame BSI CMOS color sensor with triple resolution technology for incredible file output versatility and unmatched image quality with M-lenses
- Highest dynamic range M camera to date with a native ISO of 64 and up to 15 stops of dynamic range
- Maestro III processor for high speed image processing & data storage
- 64 GB of internal memory enabling parallel image storage and on-camera backup
- USB-C port for on the go charging and data transfer
- 64% more battery capacity and more power efficient system for extended shooting sessions
- Electronic shutter up to 1/16,000 sec and long exposures up to 1 hour, allowing for even more creative possibilities in extreme lighting conditions
- The black-finish variant of the Leica M11 features a top plate made of high-quality aluminum with a scratch-resistant coating, making it 20% lighter than its silver chrome counter part
- Multi field metering is now possible when shooting in rangefinder mode, enabling users to shoot in dynamic lighting conditions while also conserving battery
- Live View digital stabilization allowing for smooth and accurate manual focusing while using Live View
- Two Digital Zoom options (1.3x and 1.8x) for fast cropping of DNG and JPG files
- UHS-II SD card compatibility and 3GB buffer enabling quick image storage
- Three customizable function buttons allowing quick access to almost any menu setting in the camera
- New 2.3 megapixel touch screen display with up to 800 nits of brightness, for comfortable image viewing during daytime shoots
- The Leica M11 is a “Made for iPhone and iPad” certified product allowing for reliable data transfer to Leica FOTOS via the included USB-C to Lightning cable
- Outstanding build quality, designed and made in Germany
The new Leica M11 combines the experience of traditional rangefinder photography with contemporary camera technology, delivering maximum flexibility to every photographer. Featuring an exclusive triple resolution sensor, expanded ISO range, dual memory options, extended battery life and a streamlined and intuitive menu system; the Leica M11 represents a new benchmark in digital photography as the most flexible M-System camera in Leica's history.
The 1800mAh battery stores 64% more power than before, and combined with the camera's more efficient operation, allows for considerably longer shooting sessions with a single charge. Additionally, the newly added universal USB-C port serves to transfer data and charge the camera's battery, using most USB-C chargers.
At the heart of the M11 is a full-frame BSI CMOS sensor with Triple Resolution Technology. Raw image files in DNG and JPEG format can be recorded at 60, 36 or 18 megapixels, always using the full sensor area. The 60-megapixel option delivers unprecedented image quality and detail resolution, utilizing the full optical potential of Leica's latest APO Lenses for the M-System – whereas the lower resolutions enable faster camera performance, extended burst lengths, and smaller files.
A special IR + UV cut filter comprised of two extremely thin, cemented layers of glass, achieves an especially effective correction of even the most oblique rays of incident light. With a new color filter array, the camera also offers an improved, more natural color reproduction.
While maintaining the iconic look of a traditional Leica M, the carefully optimized design of the Leica M11 is focused on efficiency and ergonomics. The controls have been arranged in a unique layout next to the 2.3 million pixels high-resolution touchscreen. The menu structure of the M11 remains consistent with the Leica SL2 and Q2, unifying the acclaimed interface for a more user-friendly experience.
The Leica M11 has a sensitivity range of ISO 64 to 50,000; it records at 14-bit color depth and has a dynamic range of up to 15 stops. With its Maestro III processor, the Leica M11 offers a fluid and responsive operation, even at the highest resolution and image quality settings. With the optional electronic shutter featuring a shutter speed of up to 1/16,000 of a second, photographers are empowered to work with wide open apertures, in bright light, without ND filters. The M11 marks the first-time multi-field metering in rangefinder mode will be available, offering photographers a valuable tool to curate light.
The deliberate omission of the traditional base plate is unique to the M11, offering photographers direct access to the battery and SD card. In addition to the SD card slot, the Leica M11 is equipped with a generous internal storage capacity of 64 gigabytes. This makes the M11 the first M model to save image files simultaneously onto two different storage media. The 1800mAh battery stores 64% more power than before, and combined with the camera's more efficient operation, allows for considerably longer shooting sessions with a single charge. Additionally, the newly added universal USB-C port also serves to charge the camera's battery, using most USB-C chargers.
Upgraded connectivity features for the Leica M11 will be available through a new firmware version in the second half of 2022. This will enable the new M11's advanced connectivity capabilities which will elevate users' mobile workflows and enhance the Leica FOTOS app with the possibility to embed location data, access images via Bluetooth connection, and allow increased transfer rates. The M11 is compatible with Apple products and accessories and offers unique abilities with the included Leica FOTOS cable.
With the evolution of the Leica M comes new accessories to enhance the rangefinder experience. The new Visoflex 2 electronic viewfinder features a 3.7-megapixel resolution display to provide outstanding image control in Live View mode. Encased in a metal exterior, the Visoflex 2 perfectly matches the M11 in terms of design and functionality. Full-frame viewing and the precise focusing of Leica lenses is supported by the Visoflex 2's large diopter adjustment range of -4 to +3- and 90-degree tilt function. To improve ergonomics without obstructing access to the battery and SD card, photographers will have the option to complement their M11 with a newly designed handgrip. The new handgrip doubles as a tripod mount, where the Leica M11 can be attached to Arca-Swiss-standard tripod heads without the need for any additional equipment.