The new 5-color imagePROGRAF iPF700 36" printer is designed with the CAD and corporate user in mind. This printer is an ideal solution for the AEC, CAD, GIS, archive, reproduction and office markets. With new technological advances the ability to quickly and accurately create Maps, Design Layouts, Posters, Photographs, Fine Art Reproductions and more, has never been easier. This innovative device employs a new 5-color dye/pigment reactive ink with cyan, magenta, yellow and black dye ink and two channels of pigment matte black, meaning text is sharper, line drawings are clearer and posters are more dynamic.
The innovations that were incorporated into this printer satisfy the many needs of the markets they are used in. The L-COA image processor is dedicated to the imagePROGRAF and is exclusively designed to drive the best quality output at the highest possible speeds. The new ink system consists of four dye color inks and a 2-channel matte black pigment ink. Doubling the matte black is used for maximum black density and speed. Another key feature of each of this device is the new high-density 1" print head that increases the speed of printing and improves durability. The print head packs in over 15,000 nozzles, which increases the accuracy of the device, as well as the consistency of the output.
- 5-Color Dye/Pigment Ink System - consisting of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black dye ink and two channels of pigment matte black.
- Double Matte Black - Doubling the matte black is used for maximum black density and speed.
- Single Print Heads with FINE technology - Incorporates an ultra high density 15,360 nozzle print head with ultra small ink drops (4 pl), delivering smooth and beautiful gradation.
- Borderless Printing - 4 sided edge to edge printing, only with roll media.
- Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function - when clogged or non-firing nozzles are detected the print head cleaning cycle is automatically executed. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the iPF700 will automatically compensate by rerouting the ink to functioning nozzles.
5-Color Dye/Pigment Ink System
The new ink system consists of four dye color inks and a 2-channel matte black pigment ink. Doubling the matte black is used for maximum black density and speed. When printing, four of the colors may be applied at the same time, since matte black or black is automatically selected based on the media type selected in the printer driver. Matte black will be used when printing on plain or matte media whereas the dye-based black will be used when printed on coated or glossy paper.
Offers two-way paper feeding
- Cut Sheet (front loading)
The roll loading has to be done from the back of the device as opposed to the iPF500 and iPF600.
The minimum media thickness is 0.07 mm and the maximum media thickness is 0.8 mm for either roll or cut sheet. In regards to the roll size, the maximum outside diameter is 150mm. The roll core can be either 2" or 3".
L-COA Controller - New Print Controller
The L-COA1 print controller intelligently processes the print data to implement high-speed processing in order to accurately lay ink down for optimal image quality. Combined with Canon's dual print head design and the most ink nozzles per color in the industry, the L-COA controller helps achieve print speeds of under three minutes for 16.5" x 23.4" (A2) size prints, at 1200 x 1200 dpi on a glossy photo paper.
With the Canon HDI Driver, the driver creates a vector graphical representation of the printed data. Here points are defined and a curved line is calculated mathematically in order to achieve precision. The HDI Driver creates a graphically accurate drawing of the printed data.
Features of the HDI Driver
- Pen Assignments and Virtual Pen
- Exact page size that corresponds with the actual print size
- Print Type setting
- Print Quality setting
- Color Mode setting
- Brightness slide bar setting
- Cassette added as media source
- Black-ink print feature
- Advanced media setting
This Windows® and Macintosh® driver incorporates advanced black and white control, simplified page setup options, 1-touch borderless printing, expanded color settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy to operate, but still gives even the most advanced users the tools needed to stay productive. For Windows users, the free-layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type.
- 14 preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
- Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
- Improved preview of Document and Printer settings
- Borderless printing
- Saturation and Gray adjustment
- Easy Long Print
- Input profiles
- Easy setting/Advanced setting
- Print Priority
- CAD color (thicken fine lines)
- Black ink printing
- Switching the number of passes
- 1,200 dpi rendering
- Free layout feature
- Edit using Poster Artist
- Enhanced profile settings
- Scan to Copy - iR enlargement cop
PosterArtist - Software application with poster designing and printing capabilities
This template driven software was developed by Canon specifically to create large-format posters easily. PosterArtist helps users of all levels to create professional looking posters, banners and signage with extreme ease. This application offers a variety of templates, hi-res royalty-free images and clipart designed to target a wide array of markets such as food service, education, offices, retail and much more.
- Provides professionally designed templates to simplify poster creation
- Over 1 GB of preloaded files in a wide variety of poster designs and artwork
- Variable Data Printing
- Page Capture feature allows users to load desired data from other applications
into a PosterArtist poster, such as Microsoft® Word®, Excel® and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Import images directly from most digital cameras
- PosterArtist QuickCopy - separate application with the ability to enlarge
image data scanned with any CanoScan flatbed scanne
Full-fledged, high-quality document and CAD/GIS renderings take advanced technology. Our newly-developed print head has two nozzle lines instead of just one. This increases the number of nozzles by a factor of two. The high-density, high-speed and high-quality print head comes with 2,560 nozzles per color (6 colors) with a total of 15,360 nozzles in total. The addition of a second nozzle line to the print head means that speed is increased dramatically; this is due to twice as many nozzles firing droplets of ink during one pass of the print head, thus applying more ink to the media. The addition of the second nozzle also means that the print head may travel faster across the media.