- 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 8.5fps Burst Shooting
- Advanced Wireless Control (Wi-Fi)
- 2.36 million-pixel OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 4k Timelapse Mode
- Keystone Compensation
- Photo Story
- Focus Bracketing
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II is a small, stylish, entry-level camera body with powerful in-body 5-axis image stabilization. As the successor to the Olympus OM-D E-M10, the OM-D E-M10 Mark II combines the award-winning power of the OM-D family, first-class quality of 5-axis image stabilization and an all-new design with improved ergonomics. The Olympus OM-D series brings flawless, professional-quality images and video to photographers of all levels.
The OM-D E-M10 Mark II is a sophisticated but easy to use camera.
Whether you're new to photography or a photo enthusiast looking to maximize your creativity, the E-M10 Mark II delivers flawless image quality thanks to its sophisticated image stabilization in a compact profile with intuitively placed controls.
Best-in-class 5-Axis Image Stabilization
The Olympus-pioneered 5-axis Image Stabilization is the most sophisticated form of image stabilization available on the market and delivers razor sharp images, flawless hand-held low light shots and super smooth video.
2.36 million pixel OLED Electronic Viewfinder
Viewfinders are another alternative to back-of-camera LCD monitor. The OM-D E-M10 Mark II’s OLED electronic viewfinder is large, bright and with 2.36 million pixels, allows you to see any changes to the camera setting like the new AF targeting pad that allows you to keep your eye on the viewfinder as you trace your thumb on the rear touchscreen to adjust focus points.
Sturdy metal body wrapped in refined leather.
Metal dials with classic design elements set the OM-D E-M10 Mark II apart from other interchangeable lens cameras, while controls and other features – like the prominent thumb pad for a firm grip and comfortable one-handed shooting – are thoughtfully positioned so you can operate the camera without taking your eye off the subject.
A heavy DSLR does you no good sitting at home. That’s why the portable, lightweight OM-D E-M10 Mark II is such a joy. It’s compact and easy to carry, unobtrusive enough for discreet street shooting but versatile enough – when paired with specialized lenses from the 20-strong and growing M. Zuiko line of pro-quality glass – for anything from long-range wildlife shots to miniature macro masterpieces.
Shoot High-Quality Images All the Time
Hailing from the cutting edge technology found in the award-winning Olympus OM-D E-M1 and OM-D E-M5 Mark II, the OM-D E-M10 Mark II's 5-Axis Voice Coil Motor (VCM) Image Stabilization offers a hassle-free solution to image blur caused by camera shake. With up to four shutter speed steps, it allows for longer exposures and lower ISOs for crisp and clear handheld shots. The traditional 2-axis image stabilization in many DSLRs only compensates for angular shake, while the 5-axis image stabilization in the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II also corrects for rolling blur that affects both low-light shooting and the horizontal and vertical shift blur that can mar macro shots. The combination of the OM-D E-M5 Mark II's 16-Megapixel Live MOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor maximize the power of 5-axis Image Stabilization to capture sharp images and video without the need for a tripod.
User-Friendly, Elegant Design
The ultra-slim, compact size of the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II adds to the camera's user-friendly design. Not only does the body configuration incorporate the classic style found in Olympus OM-D cameras, but the elegantly machined metal dials, along with the leather textures of the grip, produce a highly sophisticated feel. The prominent thumb grip supports a stable, one-handed hold and reliable, one-handed shooting. Both the dial and button shape and layout have been adjusted for users to easily operate the camera while looking at their subject through the viewfinder.
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II delivers an amazingly fast, class-leading shooting time courtesy of its Touch Autofocus(1). With a sequential shooting speed of 8.5 fps -- more than twice as fast as comparable DSLRs -- short shooting lag time, fast responsiveness and a quick start-up time, users can easily capture split-second movements.
Easy-to-See Electronic Viewfinder
Armed with a built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF), the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II makes it easier than ever to shoot in direct sunlight and other situations where it might be difficult to view the monitor. Thanks to 100 percent field of view, users are able to see more of the scene for precise composition. The EVF also boasts a viewfinder magnification rate of 1.23x (35mm equivalent: 0.62x) and uses a high-definition 2.36-million-dot OLED monitor for sharp, clear details. For further shooting accuracy, the new AF Targeting Pad allows the user to keep an eye on the viewfinder while tracing a thumb on the camera's rear touchscreen to adjust focus point. The E-M10 Mark II also offers a solution for shooters who are more accustomed to optical viewfinders; the Simulated Optical Viewfinder (S-OVF) offers higher dynamic range, more in line with that visible to the naked eye.
Intuitive Video Creation
The OM-D E-M10 Mark II allows users to take advantage of 1080p Full HD Video, intuitive touch interface, variable frame rate and a new CLIPS feature which records short one-, two-, four- or eight-second clips. These clips can then be merged into a final video product in-camera, and then uploaded directly to your favorite social platform using the Olympus OI.Share app.
- Art Filters: Select one of 14 available Art Filters that match your creative vision. Art Filters can be combined with Art Effects to produce truly inspiring images and video.
- Photo Story: With five available patterns, Photo Story combines multiple photos into a single image to express the user's story about a moment in time.
- Live Composite: Select Live Composite mode to extract and composite the brightest areas from multiple, sequentially shot images to capture thrilling light displays. With the newest version of the OI.Share app for Android and Apple, you can make adjustments to your settings and monitor the progress of the image as it develops right on your smartphone or tablet.
- Live Bulb and Live Time: Easily capture moving trails of light with the Live Bulb and Live Time modes for stunning light painting images.
- 4K Time-Lapse: Capture up to 999 images automatically at an interval of one image every five seconds. The camera will then combine the images into a stunning, high-resolution, 4K file, all in-camera, without the need for additional software.
- Focus Bracketing: With a touch of the shutter button, multiple shots are taken with slightly different focus depths. Useful for those who shoot macro photography, users can select the image with the focus where they prefer. By using image-editing software that offers an image stacking function, users can produce images with large depth of field even while using wider apertures.
- Keystone Compensation: Perspective distortion can be corrected in-camera, live, while shooting, with the ability to see your corrected adjustments as you shoot.