Designed for compatibility with the OM-D system, the FL-700WR wireless high-performance electronic flash offers radiowave-shooting capabilities. During wireless shooting, it functions as a commander or a flash with built-in receiver. The FL-700WR electronic flash, as well as the Wireless Commander FC-WR and the Wireless Receiver FR-WR, all feature dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof (14°F / -10°C)1 performance. This durable construction makes it possible to control multiple flash units from the camera in various shooting conditions.
High-Intensity, Weather-Resistant Performance with a Maximum Guide Number of 42
This flash features a maximum guide number of 422 (ISO 100/m). The compact, lightweight design delivers excellent portability with high flash output. The weather sealed performance offers reliability when shooting in a variety of environments, including rain, when paired with the Olympus® OM-D E-M1X and other weather sealed body and lens combinations. The user can enjoy full flash power after charging for approximately 1.5 seconds for quick, comfortable and easy shooting. Because of the short charging time, sequential flash photography at 10 fps is possible.
Wireless Radiowave Communication
This product is equipped with a wireless radiowave communication function, which operates even in bright conditions, or when there are obstructions in the area. It can communicate up to a distance of 30 meters, making accurate communication possible even when the flash is set behind the subject.
The FL-700WR can function as a commander or a flash with built-in receiver. When used as a commander, it has the ability to connect to three groups and an unlimited number of flash units. The user can select which group they want to fire and not to fire, and configure the flash intensity compensation. It can also function in the conventional RC mode (optical communication) as a slave flash.
Equipped with Multi Flash mode
Multi Flash mode5 makes it possible to express subject motion by firing multiple times during long exposures or bulb shooting. The intensity, interval (frequency), and number of shots can be configured to match the ideal settings for the subject.
Compatible with High Res Shot, Focus Stacking, and Focus Bracketing
Features such as High Res Shot6, Focus Stacking, and Focus Bracketing, included on camera models such as the OM-D E-M1X and OM-D E-M1 Mark II, can function with this flash.
Other Available Features
- The super FP flash enables high-speed synchronization that exceeds the camera's maximum sync speed.
- First-curtain and second-curtain sync fires when the shutter curtain opens or closes.
- TTL modes enable the pre-flash to measure the required intensity so the output automatically adjusts to the optimal level.
- An LED light for movies features a 77° angle of illumination and 100-lux brightness emittance from one meter away.
- The bounce angle can be adjusted within 180° horizontally and 90° vertically. It is equipped with a catchlight panel and wide panel. The firing angle covers the focal length of 7mm (14mm) when using the wide panel.
- Equippedwith auto zoom, the firing angle is supported by lenses with a focal length of 12-75mm (24-150mm10).
The FL-700WR flash emits an electronic sound when charging is complete.