Refurbished products come with full 90-day manufacturer warranty and are in like new condition. All items are fully operational and have been rigorously tested by manufacturer's technicians to ensure they meet high standards of quality and performance. Unless otherwise specified refurbished items include all the accessories that are included with a brand-new unit and they come with 30 Days No Questions Asked Return Policy. Buying refurbished products is a smart way for you to save money because you usually get something that is in near-perfect condition at a heavily discounted price.
- 24.5 Megapixel FX-Format Sensor
- Nikon Expeed 6 Processor
- ISO 100-51,200
- Up to 12fps continuous shooting
- 273 Auto Focus points
- 5-axis stabilization (approx. 5-stop equivalent)
- 3.2" Back LCD Touchscreen
- 4k video (30fps)
- EVF with Edge-to-Edge natural view
- EVF: 3.6 Million pixels (Quad-VGA)
- Full-Frame 4K UHD/30p Video
- Full-Frame 1080/120p Video
- N-Log Recording via 10-bit HDMI output
- Reduced Lens Focus Breathging
- Weight: 675g (23.8099 ounces)
- Dimensions: 5.28" x 3.96" x 2.64"
The new Nikon Z mount system is comprised of mirrorless cameras and compatible NIKKOR Z lenses and accessories. This system has been realized through the pursuit of a new dimension in optical performance. It has inherited Nikon's tradition of quality, superior imaging technology, intuitive operability and high reliability, all innovated from its digital SLR cameras.
At the heart of the Z mount system is the new, larger-diameter mount, which unlocks further possibilities of lens design. The Z mount system will offer a variety of high-performance lenses, including the fastest lens in Nikon history, with f/0.951. Additionally, the new mount adapter will enable compatibility with NIKKOR F mount lenses, adding to the range of choices for photographers.
The letter "Z" represents the culmination of Nikon's relentless pursuit of ultimate optical performance, and a bridge to a new chapter. It is about redefining possibilities to provide image makers with tools to pursue greater creativity.
Nikon will expand the value of mirrorless cameras through the pursuit of a new dimension in optical performance, and by upholding Nikon's tradition of quality while responding to the evolution of imaging technology. By providing image makers with stimulating new products, Nikon will continue to lead imaging culture.
All-around performance. All-around amazing.
Adaptability. It's about remaining fluid, open. Preparing for nothing, but being ready for anything. Thriving in whatever situation comes along. The Z 6 is perhaps the most adaptable camera we've ever created. It's at the sweet spot of speed, resolution and low-light performance. All combined with the advantages of a lightweight mirrorless design, a revolutionary new full-frame lens mount with matched lenses and seamless integration with Nikon's DSLR system—including the F-Mount NIKKOR lenses you love. This is mirrorless versatility as only Nikon could create.
New Backside Illuminated Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
The Z 6 is equipped with a new backside illumination Nikon FX-format CMOS sensor with built-in focal-plane phase-detection AF pixels, and the latest image-processing engine, EXPEED 6.
The versatile Z 6 is an all-purpose FX-format camera with 24.5 effective megapixels, and supports the wide sensitivity range of ISO 100–51200. With superior performance at high ISO sensitivities and full-frame 4K UHD video capture with full pixel readout, the Z 6 responds to a variety of needs, such as shooting in dimly lit environments and high-quality movie recording.
Equipped with a new backside illumination Nikon FX-format CMOS sensor with focal-plane phase-detection AF pixels
A backside illumination CMOS sensor without an Optical Low Pass Filter, with focal-plane phase-detection AF pixels, has been adopted for the Z 6. The Z 6 has an effective pixel count of 24.5 megapixels, and supports a broad range of standard sensitivities, from ISO 100–51200 (additional reduction to the equivalent of ISO 50 and expansion to the equivalent of ISO 204800).
A fast and accurate hybrid AF system with focus points covering approximately 90% of the imaging area
The Z 6 has 273 focus points2, enabling broad coverage of approximately 90% of the imaging area both horizontally and vertically. This hybrid AF system uses an algorithm optimized for the FX-format sensor, to automatically switches between focal-plane phase-detection AF and contrast-detect AF when focusing to achieve focus. Newly-designed NIKKOR Z lenses take full advantage of this system, providing faster, quieter and with increased AF accuracy than previously possible for both still images and videos.
The new EXPEED 6 image-processing engine for sharp and clear imaging, and new functions that support creativity
The Z 67 is equipped with the new EXPEED 6 image-processing engine. Employing the superior resolving power of NIKKOR Z and NIKKOR F mount lenses, subjects are rendered more sharply than ever before. Noise is also effectively reduced.
Additionally, a mid-range sharpening option has been added to Picture Control sharpness parameters. This option, along with existing sharpening and clarity parameters, allows users to make various textures within the screen sharper or softer, for both still images and video
|3. The cameras also offer 20 options of Creative Picture Control, supporting creative imaging expression. The effect level is adjustable from 0 to 100.
An electronic viewfinder that utilizes Nikon's superior optical and image-processing technologies to offer a clear and natural view
The electronic viewfinder adopted for the Z 6 is comfortable and easy to use, comparable to optical viewfinders. Both cameras are equipped with an electronic viewfinder for which an approximately 3690k-dot OLED panel has been adopted. The electronic viewfinder has frame coverage and magnification of approximately 100% and 0.8×, respectively, as well as an approximately 37.0° diagonal viewing angle. It draws on Nikon's superior optical technologies and image-processing technologies, ensuring a clear and comfortable view, with reduced aberration and minimum eyestrain, even during extended shoots. Furthermore, a fluorine coat that effectively repels dirt has been applied to the eyepiece protection window. In addition, the menu can be displayed in the electronic viewfinder, allowing users to quickly view and adjust a variety of shooting settings, including ISO sensitivity, AF-area mode, and Picture Control, all while looking through the viewfinder.
An ergonomic design unique to Nikon that enables intuitive and familiar operation
The Z 6 has inherited the superior operability that Nikon has cultivated over the years through its development of cameras. The bodies are compact, while boasting a firm grip that is easy to hold, and the sub-selector and buttons such as AF-ON, ISO, and exposure compensation are all placed so that they can be operated swiftly and easily. Additionally, a display panel has been placed on the top plate of the camera, where information about settings can be displayed, similar to high-end digital SLR camera models.
Video functions such as 10-bit N-Log that enables wide dynamic range, and timecoding that respond to professional needs
The Z 6 supports recording of not only full-frame 4K UHD (3840 × 2160)/30p movies using the FX-based video format, but also Full-HD/120p movies. Sharper 4K UHD movies are made possible, using the full-pixel readout4. Additionally, Active D-Lighting, electronic vibration reduction, and focus peaking can be used with 4K UHD and Full-HD movie recording. Nikon's original N-Log color profile can also be used with 10-bit5 HDMI output. The N-Log setting utilizes extensive color depth and twelve-stop, 1,300% dynamic range to record a wealth of tone information from highlights and shadows for more effective color grading. Timecode support makes synchronizing video and sound from multiple devices easier. Additionally, the control ring built into NIKKOR Z lenses can be used to quietly and smoothly adjust settings such as aperture and exposure compensation.
Nikon's first6 in-camera vibration reduction with approx. 5.0-stop7effectiveness
The Z 6 is equipped with in-camera vibration reduction (VR). The VR unit provides compensation for movement along five axes. The effects of vibration reduction are equivalent to a shutter speed up to approximately 5.0 stops6. This function can also be used effectively with NIKKOR F lenses, including those not equipped with a VR function, with the Mount Adapter FTZ (sold separately)8.
- Same level of strength and durability, as well as dust- and drip- resistance, as the Nikon D850, offered in a compact body
- A 3.2-in., approximately 2100k-dot touch-sensitive LCD monitor, with a tilting mechanism
- Silent photography function eliminates shake and noise caused by shutter release,
- Peaking stack image function9 enables confirmation of the area in focus after shooting using focus shift, which is convenient for focus stacking10
- High-speed continuous shooting (extended)11 at approximately 12 fps captures fast motion
- An extended low-light metering range12 allows users to easily capture scenes such as the transition from sunset to starry night sky, using aperture-priority auto exposure
- Built-in Wi-Fi® for direct connection to a smart device using SnapBridge
- Built-in Wi-Fi® makes the transfer of images and movies to a computer possible
- Support for existing digital SLR camera accessories such as the EN-EL15/a/b batteries, WT-7/A/B/C Wireless Transmitter (available separately) for transferring images and movies at high speed over a wired or wireless LAN, and radio-controlled/optical controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting, which makes flexible multi-flash photography possible
- Within interchangeable lenses for Nikon SLR cameras and Advanced Cameras with Interchangeable Lens.
- With FX (36×24) image area and single-point AF enabled.
- Mid-range sharpness adjustment is only possible at “High quality” movie setting.
- Simultaneous recording of 4K UHD movies with 10-bit output to the camera's memory card is not possible.
- Among interchangeable-lens cameras.
- Measured in accordance with CIPA standards (using the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position)
- The level of compensation achieved when a NIKKOR F mount lens is used is not as high as that of a NIKKOR Z lens
- Can only be confirmed using the camera with which focus shift was performed.
- Third-party software is required.
- Continuous H (extended) in 12-bit RAW, JPEG, or TIFF format.
- With interval timer shooting or time-lapse movie recording with silent photography and exposure smoothing enabled.