The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF500 17" printer puts speed and high quality printing in a versatile package. The new 5-color imagePROGRAF iPF500 features a color system consisting of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black dye ink and two channels of pigment matte black.
The Canon iPF500 puts speed and high quality printing in a versatile package. The new 5-color imagePROGRAF iPF500 features a color system consisting of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black dye ink and two channels of pigment matte black. This printer is designed with the CAD and corporate user in mind. With new technological advances the ability to quickly and accurately create Maps, Design Layouts, Posters, Photographs, Fine Art Reproductions and more, has never been easier.
The innovations that were incorporated into these printers satisfy the many needs of the markets they are used in. With L-COA single chip acceleration controller and four colors of dye ink plus matte black, the iPF500 brings high-speed and high-quality color output in a package that's durable, reliable and intuitive. The variety of media plus the inclusion of five printing/application software programs provides the versatility and flexibility needed for this printer to be used in a wide variety of industries and applications. In one versatile package, Canon delivers the features you demand to make your drawings, documents and presentations as accurate, vibrant and compelling as they can be.
- 5-Color Dye/Pigment Ink System - consisting of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black dye ink and two channels of pigment matte black.
- Double Matte Black - Doubling the matte black is used for maximum black density and speed.
- Single Print Heads with FINE technology - Incorporates an ultra high density 15,360 nozzle print head with ultra small ink drops (4 pl), delivering smooth and beautiful gradation.
- Multiple Media Options - 4-Way multi-feed enables numerous paper options, roll (optional), cassette, manual front feed, manual top feed .
- Borderless Printing - 4-sided edge to edge printing, only with roll media.
- Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function - when clogged or non-firing nozzles are detected; print head cleaning cycle is automatically executed. If the nozzle remains obstructed, the iPF500 will automatically compensate by rerouting the ink to functioning nozzles.
5-Color Dye/Pigment Ink System
The new ink system consists of four dye color inks and a 2-channel matte black pigment ink. Doubling the matte black is used for maximum black density and speed. When printing, four of the colors may be applied at the same time, since matte black or black is automatically selected based on the media type selected in the printer driver. Matte black will be used when printing on plain or matte media whereas the dye-based black will be used when printed on coated or glossy paper.
The iPF500 will automatically switch between Regular Black and Matte Black at the time of printing. Simply choose the paper type and the iPF500 will use the appropriate black to optimize print quality.
The Regular Black ink produces high quality prints on photo glossy type media and the Matte Black ink exhibits high contrast prints with deep black on media such as fine art paper.
Multiple Media Options
- Roll (optional)
- Manual Front Feed
- Manual Top Feed
All media loading can be done from the front of the printer; there is no necessity for the user to go behind the printer in order to load paper. An automatic media switching feature has been added, keeping the workflow speed on par with the printer. Instead, media switching is done within the printer driver and doesn't require the user to physically go to the printer and change anything.
L-COA Controller - New Print Controller
The L-COA print controller intelligently processes the print data to implement high-speed processing in order to accurately lay ink down for optimal image quality. Combined with Canon's dual print head design and the most ink nozzles per color in the industry, the L-COA controller helps achieve print speeds of under three minutes for 16.5" x 23.4" (A2) size prints, at 1200 x 1200 dpi on a glossy photo paper.
PosterArtist - Software application with poster designing and printing capabilities
This template driven software was developed by Canon specifically to create large-format posters easily. PosterArtist helps users of all levels to create professional looking posters, banners and signage with extreme ease. This application offers a variety of templates, hi-res royalty-free images and clipart designed to target a wide array of markets such as food service, education, offices, retail and much more.
- Provides professionally designed templates to simplify poster creation
- Over 1 GB of preloaded files in a wide variety of poster designs and artwork
- Variable Data Printing
- Page Capture feature allows users to load desired data from other applications into a PosterArtist poster, such as Microsoft® Word®, Excel® and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Import images directly from most digital cameras
- PosterArtist QuickCopy - separate application with the ability to enlarge image data scanned with any CanoScan flatbed scanner
Full-fledged, high-quality document and CAD/GIS renderings take advanced technology. Our newly-developed print head has two nozzle lines instead of just one. This increases the number of nozzles by a factor of two. The high-density, high-speed and high-quality print head comes with 2,560 nozzles per color (6 colors) with a total of 15,360 nozzles in total. The addition of a second nozzle line to the print head means that speed is increased dramatically; this is due to twice as many nozzles firing droplets of ink during one pass of the print head, thus applying more ink to the media. The addition of the second nozzle also means that the print head may travel faster across the media.