Convenient Features for Easy Scanning Up to 4800dpi
How easy is this? Just select what you want to do with your original - scan, copy, or create email attachments or PDFs - and the entire process is automated. The new Auto Scan Mode detects your type of original, then scans and saves it with the optimal settings. Your results will be outstanding, with color dpi resolution up to 4800 x 4800, and you can also create fabulous 19200 x 19200 software-enhanced interpolated scans. Plus, a letter-sized color scan takes only about 14 seconds2. The Advanced Z-Lid lets you produce clear, complete scans of thick originals such as notebooks. And to reduce "cable clutter," one simple cable provides power and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection.
Your results will amaze you, with color dpi resolution up to 2400 x 4800. You can also create fabulous 19200 x 19200 software-enhanced (extrapolated) scans. The Advanced Z-Lid enables clear, complete scans even of thick originals such as notebooks. Built-in retouching technology further enhances your final images with automatic corrections for dust and scratches, fading, graininess and backlighting. And to reduce the number of wires in your work area, one simple cable provides power and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection.
Speed and Quality
Done in 14 Seconds2 / Low Energy Usage
-- Now, scanning is faster than ever. In about 14 seconds, you can scan a letter-size color original such as an article, or a page from your notebook or textbook.
Shadow-Free Scans -- Typically, when you scan a page from a book, the shadow from the book's inside "gutter" shows up on the scan. No more. Gutter Shadow Correction eliminates that shadow, providing a clean scan of just the page -- and not the gutter.
Ease of Use
Four EZ Buttons
-- How simple is this? Just press a button to select what you want to do with your original - copy it (sending a scanned image to your printer), scan and save it, produce a PDF, or create an email.PDFs.
-- Whether you're scanning a photo, document, business card, textbook or personal notebook, the new Auto Scan Mode automatically recognizes the type of original, crops it to proper size and then scans and saves your file in the appropriate format. Perform this and more with the press of a single button.
Just One Wire
-- To reduce the number of wires in your work area, one simple cable provides power and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection.
Canon Generation Green
Generation Green is Canon's new environmental initiative. This program encompasses eligible Scanners, PIXMA Inkjet Printers and imageCLASS laser printers. Generation Green is designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions; for example, possible cost savings through energy efficiency. The LiDE100 has the following Generation Green characteristics:
- USB Powered - The low power requirement of the LiDE allows it to be powered solely through a USB cable. The elimination of the external power source also reduces the amount of materials needed during production.
- Quick Start - The energy efficient Quick Start feature makes it both easy and convenient to start up your printer in a matter of seconds. Just power the printer on and within seconds it will be ready for use, making it more convenient to keep the printer off, thus reducing energy consumption.
- ENERGY STAR - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy, these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money.
- RoHS Compliance - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB) and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program - The Canon refurbishing facility manages all waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for Canon U.S.A. products, not third-party vendors.