Convenient Features for Easy Scanning up to 2400dpi
This is simple, high-performance scanning at its best. Four easy buttons automate the entire process, and the new Auto Scan mode makes it even easier: It actually detects the type of original you're scanning - a photo, business card, notebook or form - automatically adjusts settings for the optimal results, then scans and saves the image.
Your results will amaze you, with color dpi resolution up to 2400 x 4800. You can also create fabulous 19200 x 19200 software-enhanced (extrapolated) scans. The Advanced Z-Lid enables clear, complete scans even of thick originals such as notebooks. Built-in retouching technology further enhances your final images with automatic corrections for dust and scratches, fading, graininess and backlighting. And to reduce the number of wires in your work area, one simple cable provides power and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection.
Speed and Quality
-- Now, scanning is faster than ever. In about 24 seconds2, you can scan a letter- size color original - such as a page from your personal notebook.
Old Photo Can Look New Again -- Built-in retouching technology can enhance your scans of older photos with automatic reductions for dust and scratches, fading, graininess and backlighting. The level of correction can be adjusted to match the condition of your originals.
Ease of Use
Four EZ Buttons
-- This is simple, high-quality scanning at its best. Four EZ Buttons automate the entire process, so it's a snap to copy and create e-mail attachments or PDFs.
-- The unique Z-lid expansion top enables you to scan or copy bulky or thick items. It lifts approximately 3/4-inch vertically then lays down flat on the page for clear, complete copies or scans from edge to edge.
Smart Scanning -- The new Auto Scan feature makes operation even easier. It actually detects the type of original you're scanning - a photo, business card, personal notebook or form - then automatically scans and saves the image with the appropriate settings.
Simply Less Wires
-- To reduce the number of wires in your work area, one cable provides you with both power and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection.
Canon Generation Green
Generation Green is Canon's new environmental initiative. This program encompasses eligible Scanners, PIXMA Inkjet Printers and imageCLASS laser printers. Generation Green is designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions; for example, possible cost savings through energy efficiency. The LiDE100 has the following Generation Green characteristics:
- USB Powered - The low power requirement of the LiDE allows it to be powered solely through a USB cable. The elimination of the external power source also reduces the amount of materials needed during production.
- Quick Start - The energy efficient Quick Start feature makes it both easy and convenient to start up your printer in a matter of seconds. Just power the printer on and within seconds it will be ready for use, making it more convenient to keep the printer off, thus reducing energy consumption.
- ENERGY STAR - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy, these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money.
- RoHS Compliance - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB) and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program - The Canon refurbishing facility manages all waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for Canon U.S.A. products, not third-party vendors.