Find ink for your printer using our Find it Fast ink finder.
Canon | Epson
Find photo paper using our
Find it Fastmedia finder.
Canon | Epson
W6400 Large Format Printer, Print Head, 7 Ink Tanks (C, M, Y, K, PC, PM, MK), Ethernet Card (Built in), USB 2.0 High Speed Interface, Maintenance Cartridge, 2" Core Media Spool, Power Cord, Cutter Blade, Stand, Hardware (for setting up the stand), Basket, Application CD's - PosterArtist, Digital Photo Print Pro, Software RIP CD - PhotoPRINT® Select RIP, User Software CD - Printer Driver, Print Plug-in for Photoshop®, HDI Driver, Utilities, User Guide CD, Setup Guide (Poster), Printer Reference Guide (Booklet)
Due the weight of this item we request that you call us for a shipping quote.
Canon, a world leader in office imaging systems, ink-jet technology, and digital photography presents a breakthrough in professional large format printing solutions. The imagePROGRAF W6400 24” printer is a large format printing solution for office, photo, and graphic art professionals. Utilizing a pigment based six plus one ink system (interchangeable black ink), a 4-picoliter ink droplet size, and 2400 x 1200 resolution, the imagePROGRAF W6400 produces exceptional quality output. The printer delivers output at extremely fast speeds including four sided borderless prints.
The imagePROGRAF W6400 includes the tools needed to easily Create, Process and Print high quality professional large format output. With software such as PosterArtist, an intuitive template based poster creation software and Digital Photo Print Pro, a photo editing and management program that includes tools to eliminate red-eye, improve skin tones, and remove moiré to digital photos, producing high quality output has never been easier.
Outstanding quality, fast print speeds and included software programs are what make the imagePROGRAF W6400 a breakthrough solution in large format printing.
- Pigment Ink - light fastness of the print sample is 70 years under glass.
- Interchangeable Black Ink - 2 black inks, one is regular black ink, the other is a newly developed matte black ink.
- Media thickness up to 0.8mm (31.4 mil/pts)
- Remaining Media Length Detection - keeps track of how much paper is remaining on the roll, preventing print jobs from being ruined.
- Non-firing Detection and Compensation Function - when clogged or non-firing nozzles are detected, print head cleaning cycle is automatically detected.
- Borderless Printing - 4 sided edge to edge printing
- ICC Profile Color Correction - allows user to use custom ICC media (output) profile for precise color matching.
- Exceptional Color Gamut - the enhanced yellow ink will allow for more vivid reds and yellows.
- PosterArtist - Software application with poster designing and printing capability
PosterArtist - Developed by Canon specifically for the Creating, Processing and Printing of large format posters. It is an easy to use, template-based poster creation software application, with over 1,000 royalty free images designed with the Microsoft® Office™ skill level user in mind. PosterArtist helps users of all levels to create and design professional looking posters, banners and signage with extreme ease. There is no need to purchase an expensive drawing software package just to make a banner or poster.
- Provides professionally designed templates to simplify poster creation
- Over 1GB of preloaded files in wide variety of poster designs and artwork
- Opacity blends for special effects
- Simple and easy way to customize posters
- Import images in JPEG, TIFF and bitmap file format
- Poster adjusts object layout and sizes automatically to different page sizes
- Save posters as JPEG images for emailing and proofing
- Digital Photo Print Pro - edit digital photo or scanned photo with professional tools
Digital Photo Print Pro - This standard accompaniment of both printers was designed for laying out, editing and printing photos easily in large format. For novice photo software users, DPPP simplifies advanced functions like red-eye correction, dust removal and many other features. For Photoshop® users, DPPP is capable of 2-way communication with Adobe® Photoshop® enabling the quick exchange of image files between the two programs.
- imagePROGRAF Print Plug - in for Adobe® Photoshop® - an export print module for Photoshop®
Canon includes this Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® with every W8400 and W6400 large format printing solution. Photoshop® users can now Create, Process and Print large format images directly from their coveted application. This plug-in is a true export module that bypasses the print driver. It allows for 16-bit image processing and direct 10-bit printing, dramatically increasing gradations and in turn image quality. The print history function enables the user to go back and apply past color, profile and print settings to future jobs.
- imagePROGRAF HDI Driver - HDI Driver for AutoCAD® 2000
HDI Driver for AutoCAD® 2000. This driver enables better line drawing rendition as well as faster processing speed. The HDI driver directly converts line drawing data from AutoCAD® into the printer's native data format, GARO. By skipping the GDI conversion process, the result is a far more efficient printing process, eliminating overhead process time while increasing the accuracy of drawing integrity.
- PhotoPRINT Select® for imagePROGRAF- an Adobe® PostScript® 3™ software RIP
An Adobe® PostScript® 3™ software RIP, that will allow for automatic enlargement printing from a color imageRUNNER. With a Pantone® color library, up to six configurable print queues for drag and drop printing, and many other advanced features, this RIP is an example of how Processing and Printing Know How are embedded into the imagePROGRAF solution.
- New Print Head BC - 1350
New Print Head BC-1350 is a newly developed 1-inch print head that enables 4 picoliter droplet printing with pigment-based ink. With a 4pl ink droplet, the graininess of the image is significantly reduced, producing a sharper and more vivid image. The new print head enables the printers to attain 1200 x 1200 dpi standard resolution. The enhanced resolution is 2400 x 1200 dpi that provides much sharper image than the predecessors. Both the W6400 and the W8400 employ a 1.07 wide high-density print head with 1,280 nozzles per color for a total of 7,680 nozzles.
- FINE - Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering
FINE stands for "Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering". The term indicates the technology behind the print head, as well as the print head itself. (Note: "FINE" replaces "Bubble Jet" and "Micro Fine Droplet Technology". The term is used to describe Canon's inkjet technology across product groups, both for imagePROGRAF and PIXMA line of inkjet printers.)
- New High Speed Controller
The imagePROGRAF uses a single chip design (SOC - System on Chip) eliminating the need for two separate memory access. The memory has been upgraded to Double Data Rate SDRAM to further speed up the process. Combined with faster image processing algorithm, the new system is able to keep the printing speed advantage imagePROGRAF's always had, while the amount of data to be processed has increased.
- Interchangeable Black Ink
The availability of matte black ink is crucial for photo and fine art printing. The user has the ability to choose regular or matte black ink, depending on the media. The regular black ink has been encapsulated with polymer coating optimized for printing on glossy surface. However, for matte surface, polymer interferes with the surface treatment of matte coating, giving it a duller look. Matte black has no polymer coating, which is optimum for matte surface.