- Accurate depth-of-field simulation for optimal image quality
- Ultimate focal point control with the power to emphasize or change focus, and even create dual-focus points
- Simulate a wide range of lens, filter and specialty-cameras with over 170 customizable options
- Easy and flexible adjustments that can be applied in just a single click
Your Virtual Camera Bag
Topaz Lens Effects' advanced technology realistically simulates your
photography essentials, giving your camera bag a much needed rest.
Topaz Lens Effects brings all of your camera lenses and filters (and even those you don't have yet) together in a powerful and easy-to-use plug-in, allowing you to eliminate the need for additional, expensive equipment, and gain flexibility in the way you shoot and process your images. The diverse range of virtual lenses, filters and specialty camera options offered in Topaz Lens Effects make it easier than ever to create bokeh, emphasize focal points, adjust depth-of-field, add vignettes, balance color tone, create miniature scenes and so much more.
Lens Effects Highlights
- 26 effects and over 170 presets for a faster, more creative workflow
- Quickly create bokeh, blur, vignettes and lens characteristics
- Accurate depth-of-field adjustments with Smart Brush
- Ability to stack presets and effects via the new "Apply" button
- Separate controls for adjusting background and foreground
- Enhanced sharpening algorithm
- 1-click center focus and effect center selection
- Split-screen preview options for easy comparison
- Smart filter compatible
The Power of Many in One
Cameras, lenses and filters are a necessary part of your camera bag. As a photographer, you need an arsenal of capable tools that will not only help improve and enhance, but also extend your creative abilities. Now it's easier and faster than ever to achieve selective focus and ensure that your viewers see your image how you envisioned it. The value in digital lens simulation is that you get a wider range of effects and capabilities that offer convenience and flexibility of being applied during post processing.
In addition, there is no degradation to the image which can typically result from glare, lens flare, dirt, dust and lens aberration. Also, by adding your lens and filter effects during post-processing, you eliminate the need for expensive lenses and equipment. Explore some of the creative possibilities achievable with your images using Lens Effects...
Accurate Depth of Field Adjustments with Smart Brush
The new Smart Brush is used to create depth maps, which allow you to control how the Bokeh (blur) will be applied to your image. Using the Smart Brush, you can identify the relative distance of near to far objects (black to white). This type of control makes it easy to select (or change) any focal point within your image and put the emphasis where you want it.
Also integrated in the Smart Brush is a Gradient Brush tool and a color selection tool. With the Gradient Brush, you can easily create smooth gradients in your Depth Map by simply brushing (click and drag) across your image. The color picker is a convenient tool which allows you to select the depth value based and paint in any area of the image using that selection.
Once your depth map is created, you can uses it to adjust focal point, depth of field, foreground blur, background blur and blur creaminess. Use the sliders to indicate the effect type, location, strength and transition in your image
- When creating bokeh effects you will use the Smart Brush to create depth maps - allowing you to select any focal point within your image and put the emphasis where you want it.
- Depth Map indicates the relative distance of objects in the image. Nearer objects should be painted in black, middle objects gray and farthest should be painted white.
- Increase the background blur slider to create the bokeh effect. Then add additional vignette, filter, sharpening, grain, color enhancements or creative effects to focal selection or to background.
All-Inclusive Workflow with Unlimited Customizability
Topaz Lens Effects introduces a variety of new features designed for convenience and to help streamline your workflow.
- Lens Effects includes 26 camera, filter and lens effects and over 170 preset that can be combined countless ways for a wide range of creative effects.
- Lens Effects introduces a new category called Effects, which helps manage your presets, organizing them by camera, filter and lens type.
- With the new "Apply" button, you can apply multiple effects and presets during the same work session - without having to exit the program and relaunch.
- Includes basic adjustment tools for brightness, highlights, contrast, saturation, color tone, sharpening, grain and more - for a comprehensive workflow.