BosStrap engineered a revolutionary sliding sling strap system for your DSLR camera that is like nothing else on the market. The BosStrap Generation 3 Sliding Sling Strap (BosStrap G3) is a two-part sliding sling system which includes a 1½” wide sling strap and the new Patent Pending Generation 3 BosTail (G3 Tail). The G3 Tail can be detached from the sling strap.
A sliding sling strap is more than just a strap worn diagonally across your body to take the camera weight off your neck. Sliding sling straps use a special fitting that moves along the diagonal strap, not requiring the strap itself to move. Your camera is attached to sliding fitting. Because of the sliding fitting, when you bring the camera up from your side, the sling strap does not pull on your shirt.
In use, the camera glides smoothly along the strap up to your eye; when not in use the camera rests comfortably at your hip. Nothing compares to the comfort and convenience that a sliding sling strap provides.
The BosStrap G3 Sliding Sling Strap offers the smoothest action of any sling strap on the market. The 1½” wide nylon sling uses a small, nickel plated sliding fitting for extraordinarily smooth movement. The wide strap evenly distributes the weight of your gear, obviating the need for a shoulder pad while making the BosStrap G3 convenient to use, light weight, strong, and easily stowable.
BosStraps do not use the tripod socket as an attachment point to the camera. The Patent Pending G3 Tail attaches to the left camera strap lug. The G3 Tail uses a cam buckle with a unique safety sleeve. Together the cam buckle and safety sleeve provide two levels of security. The cam buckle and safety sleeve insure that your camera can not be accidentally detached from the sling strap, but when you want, your camera can easily, intentionally be detached.
To detach the camera from the BosStrap G3 Tail simply slide the safety sleeve off the cam buckle and release the cam locking lever. All the components in the non-metallic, double safety lock G3 Tail remain with the camera. When the camera is removed from the sling strap, only the low-profile G3 Tail remains attached to the camera.
There are no metal parts used in the G3 Tail that could scratch your camera body or the LCD. One sling strap can be used with any camera that has its own G3 Tail. Extra G3 Tails are sold separately.
BosStrap strives to source all parts and labor in the US. Because of special requirements, one part in the G3 system had to be European sourced. Everything else comes from the USA, including the thread used in all BosStrap products.
- The G3 System is designed specifically for heavier DSLR cameras,
- The G3 System uses the same G3 Tail that the BosStrap G3 LT System uses,
- Patent Pending Double Safety Lock G3 Tail allow separating camera from the 1½" sling strap only when you want,
- Tripod socket is always available,
- Nothing occupying the tripod socket - camera can sit on a flat surface,
- BosStraps are 64" long – not including the G3 Tail,
- Long G3 Tail - allows more angular adjustment of the 1½"sling strap to fine tune comfort,
- No metal parts in the G3 Tail – no scratching the LCD and the camera body,
- Attaches to the left camera strap lug – easily switch from hand-held to tripod with removing anything
- No straps in the way when shooting horizontal or vertical – strap does not interfere with controls,
- No shoulder pad is required – nothing to constantly move back in place,
- Comfortable, smooth, strong nylon seat belt webbing – 1.5" wide to distribute the camera weight,
- Frees both hands – camera safely remains at your side when not in use,
- Because camera rests at hip (pivot point on leg), there is minimal movement of camera when walking,
- Engineered to support over 60 pounds -10x the weight of a typical professional rig,
- Easy to stow – simply wrap the BosStrap G3 around your lens-nothing needs to be removed,
- Engineered for simplicity,
- Works with left or right handed shooters,
- No fittings, buckles or screws to disconnect, ever!
- Except for one European part, BosStrap G3 is made with USA parts and labor – right down to the thread!
- Extra G3 Tails are available for your other camera bodies - Only one Sling Strap is required,
- Extremely light weight at 4.0 oz (112 grams),
- One year replacement warranty on defective parts,
- 30 day no questions asked full refund including postage.
BosStrap Generation 3 Camera Strap Installation and Fitting from Tom Fama on Vimeo.