Advanced Studio Lighting Techniques for Digital Portrait Photographers
Light, in all its infnite variety, is what makes portrait photography possible. But once you've mastered the basics and learned how to follow all of the traditional rules, how can you continue to grow in your understanding of it™ Norman Phillips shows you how to take that next step, adapting traditional techniques and breaking those tried-and-true rules to produce effects that are more creative and unexpected. With the underutilized techniques in this book, you'll take your lighting to the next level!
- Learning to see unusual portrait-lighting opportunities
- Achieving unique effects in one- and two-light portrait setups
- Tips for creative accent lighting
- Using lighting to enhance the sense of mystery and drama in your portraits
- Techniques for creative lighting in wedding and children's portraits
- Using highlights and shadows to sculpt the face
- Lighting individuals and small groups
About the Author
Norman Phillips is a master photographer who is the recipient of more than 150 awards, including the Accolade of Outstanding Photographic Excellence in Recognition of Contribution to the Industry. He has hosted many seminars, sponsored by corporations like Pentax Corporation, Eastman Kodak and Burrell Colour, Inc. Phillips is also a regular contributor to industry publications including Rangefinder magazine and the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International monthly newsletter.