Traditional ballhead designs work well for most photography but when longer lenses with tripod collars are used; it can be difficut to control them. In the past it was necessary to carry a separate Gimbal head or Gimbal attachment for your ballhead. The Acratech GV2 Ballhead solves this problem by functioning as a Gimbal head simply by rotating the ball into the Gimbal slot on the side of the ballhead. They put a bushing on the stem of the ball and a pin on the bottom of the ball to provide smooth rotation. It provides total ease of use and freedom of movement. Our Ultimate GV2 Ballhead works well with lenses up to a 400 4.0.
- Weighs less than 1 lb (.45kg) with quick release clamp.
- Easily holds over 25 lbs (11.4kg) at any angle.
- Full movements allow any camera position.
- Precision C.N.C. machined.
- Compatible with Kirk, Arca, R.R.S., and many other QR plates.
- Beautiful satin black anodized finish.
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads).
- Engraved degree markings.
- Solid precision feel.
- Made in U.S.A.
- Ball will not shift when tightened.
- Oilless and greaseless ball will not attract or hold dirt and debris.
- All knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off.