Canon Releases Firmware Update (1.1.3) for the EOS 5D Mark III
June 20, 2012 -- Canon today released its second firmware update for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III since its debut a few months ago. This update, version 1.1.3, adds support for the new EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is being released in the next couple of weeks, and also fixes a few other issues including:
- Adds support for the new EF40mm F/2.8 STM Lens
- Corrects the phenomenon where an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting.
- Corrects a phenomenon where the top LCD backlight may not turn off, depending on the camera settings and timing.
- Corrects a phenomenon where the camera may not turn on when the Canon EF300mm F2.8L IS II or EF400mm F2.8L IS II USM Lens is mounted to the camera using the EF1.4x III or EF 2.0x III Extenders.
- Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens.
Download firmware version 1.1.3 here